I’ve thought that I need a new series to give my writing some structure but couldn’t decide on what it should be. Series are a great way of creating a rhythm to writing, they also give people something to look forward to (hopefully).
I have toyed with a number of series ideas and finally settled on “I’m Reading…” where I plan to highlight some of the many things that I read. This will focus on people who write longer format blogs and articles that influence the way that I think about things and authors who think through things. Many of these are business and technology focused, but there’s also writing on science, art, sociology and other interesting subjects.
If you’d missed the earlier series and those that are still ongoing here are some links for you:
- Acronyms – we use them all the time, but what do they mean.
- Axioms – where I look at things that people take to be true and check whether there is any evidence to support them.
- Concept of the Day – where we look at a concept the I’ve read about or used.
- Office Speak – every office has its own language, this is my attempt to explain that language.
- My Changing Workplace – a bit of history about my working life (I must update this as the last one covered the 2000’s).
- My Tools – I use all sorts of tools and this is my overview of what they are.
- The Productive Workplace – a series from 2014 were I looked at the skills that would be required by 2020, which is only 39 months away!